Monday 2 July 2007

The lake isle of Innisfree




I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
Nine beans-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.




A ilha do lago de Innesfree

Vou levantar-me agora, e partir para Innisfree,
E lá uma cabana construirei, com argila e canas:
Plantarei nove pés de feijão e haverá uma colmeia para as abelhas,
E viverei solitário entre o rumor das abelhas.

E terei alguma paz, porque a paz é como uma gota preguiçosa,
Desprendendo-se dos véus da manhã para onde o grilo canta;
Onde a meia-noite é apenas um vislumbre, e o meio-dia um brilho púrpura,
E o entardecer uma plenitude de asas cantantes.

Ergo-me e vou agora, para sempre noite e dia,
Eu escutarei as águas do lago lambendo a margem com sons suaves,
Enquanto eu fico na berma da estrada, ou no pavimento cinzento,
Escutarei esse som no mais fundo do coração.

W.B.Yeats

1 comment:

Mofina said...

”a paz é como uma gota preguiçosa”

Gosto desta definição... Dá-me jeito!

Um abraço

#

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape